What's on your dinner menu this week? Ready for a home-cooked meal? My favorite new recipe (new to me, anyway) is this one for chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese, lemon, and garlic. They look fancy, but are extra-quick and easy — perfect for a Thursday night dinner. Here's what I would serve with them, too.
What You Need
I was smitten with Elizabeth's recipe for stuffed chicken breasts when I tested it earlier this week; it's so easy and totally delicious. All you need are a few bone-in chicken breasts (one for each person), goat cheese, garlic, lemon, parsley, and chives.
When making this recipe for two people, you'll use half the lemon for the chicken, and the other half in the salad dressing. For the salad, you'll also need radicchio, greens, and pepitas (sunflower seeds would do as well).
And then, instead of pasta or bread, get your daily indulgence from an after-dinner treat. Sure, I know it's January and many of us are avoiding sweets, but I think these chai tea cookies are so good on a cold winter night. They are icebox cookies, which means you can slice them as thin as you want and only bake up a few at a time. The dough comes together very quickly in a mini food processor, and you can bake them during dinner or afterwards. Enjoy with a hot cup of ginger tea, and you have a fresh dinner with a cozy treat afterwards.
Despite the fancy style of chicken (I think any stuffed chicken is a little extra fancy), this meal comes together remarkably quickly. You'll need 45 minutes to an hour, but that is mostly hands-off time.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Make the goat cheese stuffing mixture and stuff the chicken breasts.
- Bake the chicken breasts for about 30 minutes.
- While the chicken breasts are baking, make the dough for the chai tea cookies.
- Chill the chai tea cookie dough in a log in the fridge or freezer.
- Make the radicchio salad.
- Set the table.
- Take the chicken out of the oven.
- Change the oven temperature to 375°F.
- Slice the chai tea cookie dough into thin rounds and either bake now or after dinner is done, while you are washing the dishes.
- Have after-dinner tea and cookies.
What's your plan for dinner tonight?