I'm doing a little project over the next few weeks: exploring the biggest problems (and solutions if you've got them) in the various rooms of our homes - starting with The Kitchen.
When it comes to all the things you do in using and keeping up your kitchen, what are the biggest problems that really bug you?? Yes, I'm talking about everything from cooking to storing things to washing and drying dishes.... you name it. I'm even interested in big LITTLE niggling problems as well as problems with your kitchen around healthy eating and mealtime issues. Here are some of the problems that irritate me:
- I hate storing pot lids, they make a mess in my cabinet
- Spreading hard butter on hot toast is a small, but real pain
- My silverware holder slides around in its drawer
- My knives are always dull and sharpening them is hard
- All of my glasses are mismatched. How many and of what kind is a perfect set?
- How long should I keep a sponge, really? Mine are like toothbrushes and I never throw them out.
What are yours?
Any problems with Lighting? Sink access? Counter space? Knife storage? Any storage??
Please let me know, AND if you have great solutions, please don't hesitate to add those as well.
(Image: Meryl Streep in Julie & Julia from Sony Pictures via this post )