It seems like only yesterday that the frozen yogurt craze swept the nation, cluing in the general public to what we've known for years: creamy, tart, refreshing yogurt makes a great dessert. From yogurt banana splits to yogurt-pomegranate pops, these ten recipes could give the local fro-yo joint a run for its money.
Several of these recipes are actually meant for breakfast, but after a heavy meal or when I just want a little treat to end the day, recipes like these are just right for dessert: light yet satisfying, and not too sugary.
- 1 Banana Split with Yogurt and Jam
- 2 Strawberry-Yogurt Popsicles
- 3 Rosewater Yogurt Panna Cotta with Blueberries
- 4 Lemon-Blueberry Yogurt Cake with Lemon Cream
- 5 Winter Citrus Compote with Yogurt
- 6 Pomegranate Yogurt Pops
- 7 Honeyed Grapefruit Yogurt Parfait with Popped Amaranth
- 8 Lemon Yogurt Icebox Tart
- 9 Yogurt With Caramelized Figs
- 10 Quick and Easy Yogurt Cake
What are your favorite ways to eat yogurt for dessert?
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)