- Bergen Norway
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- Two years after moving to Norway (from Vancouver) and moving into our rowhouse apartment, we were tired of complaining about the awkward kitchen layout and decided to renovate. One of the things that makes our small kitchen really cool is that we did a lot of the renovation work ourselves - but we did pay for kitchen installation, which took twice as long (and cost twice as much) as expected because the walls in our 1930 apartment are so crooked, even after new framing and drywall. After all that work, though, everything is exactly how we want it!
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.:
- One challenge was that before the renovation, the layout made it challenging for us both to work in the kitchen at the same time. The oven/stove top was around a corner but too close to the sink, and the fridge was way in the corner. Now the oven/stove top is surrounded by long counters on either side, and the sink and fridge are close to each other. Another challenge is getting it totally finished! We are in the process of choosing tile and we still have not mounted the three "floating" wood shelves in the corner next to the upper cabinets (we lost two of the finicky little screws we need).
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?:
- Burrito bowls! Sauteed red peppers, onions and sweet potatoes; refried beans; chopped lettuce; homemade avocado/tomato/red onion salsa; cilantro; all on top of brown rice.
More posts in Small Cool Kitchens 2013
KitchnVideo of the Day