• Fresh and Smoked Salmon Terrine - with ALA and DHA for brain and heart function
• Mixed Leaf Side Salad with Extra Virgin Olive Oil Dressing - for cholesterol claims
• High Fibre Multigrain Bread Roll - for 17 claims around fibre, folate and arabinoxylan
• Chicken Casserole with Lentils & Vegetables - for iron absorption, vitamins and minerals
• Live Yoghurt Blancmange - for cholesterol, gut health and blood glucose control
• Cranberry, Raspberry & Elderflower Sports Drink - for energy, vitamins and electrolytes
• Pure Spring Water - to offset dehydration
The yogurt also comes with a walnut and "sugar-free caramel-flavored sauce," and there are mixed berry meal replacement shakes for "flyers watching their waistlines (and, presumably, vegetarians?). Oh, and alas, those things that look like cookies in the photo are actually charcoal tablets intended to reduce gas after eating.
At least in theory, I have to say this meal sounds pretty tasty. I'd want to see an ingredient list to check for artificial ingredients, especially in the sports drink and meal replacement shake, but this is certainly better than a lot of the airplane food I've had recently!
What do you think? Would you eat this healthy meal?
• Healthiest Meal Ever: Food Researchers Create the World's Healthiest Meal from The Huffington Post Canada
• Leatherhead Creates Airline Meal with all 222 EFSA Health Claims from Leatherhead Food Research
(Image: Leatherhead Food Research)