I hinted earlier this spring that I might be headed into a kitchen renovation, and sure enough, we are in the depths of kitchen planning right now! We've moved past the basic layout, and the budget (see our readers' real-life stories of how much they spent on kitchen remodeling), and now we're thinking about finishes. Personally, I'm almost settled on wood cabinets and some kind of white countertop (quartz? white granite? marble?). I love this look, and I wanted to share some of my favorite pieces of inspiration with you. Here are 10 lovely white and wood kitchens. I'm planning on a big island in our open kitchen, too, so you can see that theme running through these inspiration photos too!
• 1 Moraga Residence from J. Weiss Design - An all-time favorite. Sparkly and clean, but still warm, thanks to that wood.
• 2 Luxe kitchen from Elle Decor - Very swanky, but the layout and clean lines could be swiped for a more modest space. (Love the window below the hood!)
• 3 Queen Anne Remodel at This Old House - A more classic approach.
• 4 Forbes Townhouse by Abelow Sherman - A Brooklyn townhouse remodel, with walnut cabinets and Cararra marble.
• 5 Modern Classic - Burlingame by Sullivan Design Studio - A darker wood and very glamorous marble make for a dressier kitchen that still feels casual enough in its openness to the living area.
• 6 Amy Butler's Granville, Ohio Kitchen from Apartment Therapy - I like the more rustic-modern feel in this country kitchen.
• 7 Steve Justrich Kitchen Remodel at The Kitchn - A lighter, brighter wood than my preference, but still one of my all-time favorite kitchen tours. Steve used quartz countertops.
• 8 Window-Filled Kitchen from Venegas and Company - I love how the eye is drawn up to the windows in this kitchen, with light marble countertops over dark wood.
• 9 Prospect House from Janof Hald Architecture - A more dressy kitchen, with Calacatta marble countertops.
• 10 Sea Cliff Renovation by Moroso Construction - One of my favorites. Clean, understated, with a mix of materials that includes stainless steel on the island.
Do you have any favorite examples of kitchens in this style? Maybe you renovated your own kitchen to have wood cabinets and white countertops? I'd love to see!
We're always looking for real kitchens from real cooks.
Submit your kitchen here.
(Images: 1. Elle Decor 2. J. Weiss Design 3. Ken Gutmaker/This Old House 4. Abelow Sherman 5. Sullivan Design Studio 6. David Butler 7. James Hall Photography 8. Venegas and Company 9. Janof Hald 10. Moroso Construction)