If you would have asked me five years ago if I would have cared about the trash can in my kitchen, I would have most likely laughed and walked away. Investing in a quality (or even funky) trash can is a wonderful idea!
I personally love my Simplehuman Rectangular Trash Can from Williams Sonoma. It's a tad pricey but it's so worth it because after you make that initial investment — you'll actual wonder when you'll ever need to buy another one (the answer is probably never, or a very very long time).
If I had an extra $469.00 to spend on a trash can, I would most definitely buy the Vipp Trash Can from Fitzu. It's stunningly stylish and made from top of the line materials to not only stand the test of time but look darn good while doing so. Here are some more wonderful waste baskets:
• Vipp Trash Can, $469.00 at Fitzu
• Shopping Bag Waste Basket, € 9.00 at Selekkt
• Simplehuman Rectangular Trash Can, $149.95 at Williams Sonoma
• Easy Garbage, 18,90 € at Un4Verde
• OXO Good Grips Trash Can, $122.03 at Amazon
(Images: Fitzu, Selekkt, Williams Sonoma, Un4Verde, Amazon)