It's that time of year: berry season. In Seattle, we had early local strawberries, and raspberries and blackberries have been gracing grocery store shelves for a while now. Along with berry season comes decision time: which basket to choose? Thankfully, there's reason enough to grab all three this week.
Triple berry desserts tend to be even prettier than single berry desserts because there are more contrasting colors going on, and the flavors complement each other so nicely. Blackberries can be too tart on their own; blueberries are simply more delicious when joined with raspberries, and strawberries make anything better (in my humble opinion).
I often do triple berry smoothies at home, but more and more I've been folding in at least three kinds of berries into my summer desserts (or muffins or scones). At first, it seemed a little over-the-top and unnecessary, but now it seems the only way to go.
Do you have a favorite triple berry dessert you make at home?
Try a Recipe:
- Triple Berry Galette (pictured) - Shutterbean
- Triple Berry Summer Buttermilk Bundt - Smitten Kitchen
- Triple Berry Layered Lemon Cream Cake - Lauren's Latest
- Triple Berry Vegan Parfaits with Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream - Gluten Free Goddess
- Raw Triple Berry Crisp - Oh She Glows