Whoopie pies are like the best parts of a cupcake squished into one delicious sandwich. That would be the top of the cupcake and the frosting, of course. Care to try your tastebuds on these trendy little cakelettes? Here are nine awesome recipes to choose from!
1. Whoopie Pies from Gourmet - You can't go wrong with the classic chocolate and vanilla!
2. Banana Whoopie Pies from Martha Stewart - Like banana bread in cookie form.
3. Strawberry Whoopie Pies from Oprah - Looking for something to do with those fresh strawberries?
4. Zucchini Whoopie Pies from Gourmet - This one will be great when zucchini season comes along!
5. Coconut Whoopie Pies from Instructables - Crunchy coconut is always tempting.
6. Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies from Martha Stewart - Paired with chocolate cakes, this is a sure winner.
7. Red Velvet Whoopie Pies from the Food Network - As pretty as they are tasty!
8. Berry Cream Whoopie Pies from King Arthur Flour - Whole berries and jam get sandwiched inside these cakes.
9. Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Lemon Creme from McCormicks - Lemon and ginger is one of our favorite combinations. (Maybe nix the peppermint during summer, though!)
Do you have a favorite kind of whoopie pie?
Related: Trend Watch: Are Donuts the New Cupcake?
(Images are from the respective recipe websites)