The time has come to find a really good, smart, fanatic person who is capable of joining our staff here at AT and helping to run operations and all that business-y stuff for the years ahead. Is this you? If so, read on... All you need to do is submit the link to your favorite post and a 100 word essay (max) describing why you'd make a great Blog COO to...
maxwell @ apartmenttherapy . com, and please put "COO" in the header.
We're conscious that Ben & Jerry's got in some trouble for promising the first place person the job and not following through, so we're going to make a promise we can keep.
The top three submissions will get interviews for the job here at our offices (and we hope to choose one of you), and each of these three will also get a lifetime's supply of everything in the AT Store (one of every item!).We've met so many AT'ers over the years and emailed with so many more, that we are fairly confident that we'll find the perfect person among you.
Down here is all the hard core descriptive stuff.
Our deadline is Friday, September 14th.
Bring it on!
Apartment Therapy is hiring for the position of Chief Operating Officer.
The ideal candidate has previous Executive experience in digital/online media. Skill set includes business development, strategic planning, online advertising & marketing, editorial & creative management, and a technology background.
* Proactive, get it done attitude (e.g., lead by example, “role-up-your-sleeves”)
* Solid record of delivering innovative projects on time and to budget
* Proven ability to think strategically and respond creatively to change
* Ability to build and motivate a high performance team
* Manage a virtual team of 100 employees, freelancers
*New York City based
The COO will be charged with evolving the company to a higher level of performance, profitability, and accountability.
* Execution of short-term and long-term operational goals and strategy
* Implementation of launching of new products within the core business area to improve sales and profitability
* Manage P&L and oversee operational budget
* Assess, refine and maximize the firm’s competitive positioning
* Drive profitability across the business
* Implement “best of class” processes and systems across all functions and locations
* Establish job descriptions, performance goals and bonus incentives
EMAIL TO: maxwell @ apartmenttherapy . com, and please put "COO" in the header.