- Venice, CA
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- We call our home the Boat House - everything is built in. The kitchen feels outdoors, as it's under a large skylight and accessible via a windowed barn-style door. Thanks to the light & wisely designed layout, it's my favorite place to cut & arrange fresh-picked and market-bought flowers every Friday morning.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.:
- Only a maximum of three people can dine in the kitchen, and only 2 comfortably. As such, we've started a mini photo gallery on the tiny wall above our placemats along the diningt counter, so we can toast to friends and lost loved ones. On a separate, space-saving note, there is a custom, built-in rolling trash can that we are grateful for daily, as there are too many filters and pipes under our sink to store the bins there.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?:
- A super simple and DELICIOUS dish: large brussel sprouts from the farmers market cooked with olive oil, avocado from the neighbor's tree, baked pine nuts, and farm-to-table goat cheese from "Venice Merchant."
More posts in Small Cool Kitchens 2013
KitchnVideo of the Day