Eating less meat, eating more greens, spending less money, cooking more dinners at home ... whatever your New Year's resolution is, chances are it can be helped along with a pot of beans. Soak, cook, and freeze a big batch of beans on the weekend and you'll be ready for simple, nourishing, and budget-friendly meals throughout the week. We love all types of beans, but these days we're especially partial to creamy white varieties, which star in these five delicious vegetarian suppers.
• 1 Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with White Beans and Kale - A satisfying meal full of colors and textures and the warm flavors of rosemary, garlic, and red pepper
• 2 White Bean and Roasted Squash Soup with Pistou - A delectable combination of sweet vegetables and creamy beans, punctuated with zingy pistou
• 3 Spinach, White Bean, and Taleggio Pizza - A meatless and sauceless pie topped with a big mound of fresh spinach
• 4 Crispy Pan-Fried Beans and Wilted Greens - Add a poached egg or scoop of pasta and this becomes an easy dish for dinner
• 5 Tomato and White Bean Panade - This rustic stew takes advantage of a few pantry staples; add some winter greens to make it even healthier
Related: How To Cook Beans: A Fast, Foolproof, No-Soak Method
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)