It's Family Recipes week on The Kitchn, but I thought it was important to take a moment and recognize all the different ways people define family. Our little family is just the two of us now (although we're looking to adopt a dog!). A lot of recipes make way more than two portions, and sometimes leftovers aren't fantastic to have around in this season of summer weddings and traveling. So I thought it was time to gather a good list of simple recipes that are perfect for two, recipes that are easy enough to tackle on a weeknight and varied enough that you won't get bored.
From great vegetarian fare to pork chops or seasonal pizza, there's something for every couple—every family—here.
Try a Recipe:
• Chili, Lemon and Basil Shrimp with Israeli Couscous, via The Kitchn
• French-Style Carbonara for Two, via Babble
• Bistro Roast Chicken, via Cooking Light
• Harissa Chickpeas with Spinach, via Not Without Salt
• Creamy Avocado Pasta, via Two Peas & Their Pod
• Crispy Baked Fish Nuggets and Tartar Sauce, via Simply Scratch
• Chicken Enchiladas, via Cooking for Two
• Beef and Eggplant Tagine, via Women's Health
• Artichoke Spinach Pizza with White Beans, via Good Life Eats
• Veggie Burgers (eat two, freeze a few for later!), via Martha Stewart
What's your favorite go-to recipe for two?
(Image: Faith Durand)