Spring has finally arrived in town; the days are longer and the air is softer, and there's an energy that comes along with all that sunshine. I'm suddenly ready to clean out my office and reorganize my basement and make trips to IKEA and do all the things that always needed more energy than I had in the wintertime.
If you're infected with a similar energy, then we'd like to help you put it to work in the kitchen. We're going to be talking about Spring Projects all month at The Kitchn, from big stuff — starting a garden! — to small yet vibrant projects — making a batch of limoncello or deep-cleaning one corner of the kitchen. What's your project this month?
We just shared a bunch of projects, from large to small, like making your own pasta, to stocking your freezer with homemade pizza or chocolate-dipped banana bites.
Find your project → 17 Spring Projects for a Happier Kitchen
And I also wanted to share some really inspiring past projects from our readers.
- Look! Patricia's Homemade Pasta Project
- Before & After: Plain Black Stove Knobs Get a Hot New Look
- How to Store Spices in an Awkward Cabinet? Try a Pull Down Spice Rack
- Magnetic Periodic Table of Herbs & Spices!
- Look! Beautiful (and Cheap) Spice Storage Solution
Also, during the month of April five of us will be blogging through one project to make our kitchen a little happier. Here's how it will go:
- Make Maraschino cocktail cherries - Faith
- Hang pans on the wall in the kitchen - Cambria
- Start a garden - Regina
- Stock up on freezer meals before the baby comes - Anjali
- Make homemade kombucha - Ariel
Those are our projects this month! What's yours? Is all this spring energy inspiring you to do something fresh in the kitchen?