We favor most of these because they make refreshing, easy drinks when splashed into a tall cold glass of soda. Low-calorie and inexpensive, too...
• Campari - That classic bright orange bitter liqueur. We love it with soda and a bit of simple syrup to balance it out.
• St. Germain - We've spotlighted this sweet, fragrant liqueur quite a bit. It's made from flowers and it's perfect with soda and a bit of lemon — what more do you need to know?
• Pama Pomegranate - This is our most recent acquisition; we have been enjoying it quite a lot with soda or mixed into Prosecco. Look for a more in-depth post on this tasty liquor soon.
• Lillet - Lillet is actually a fortified wine, like vermouth, so it's not quite like the others in this list. We've been sipping it straight over ice, with a twist of orange, as it is classically served. It's sweet and strong with just a hint of bitterness at the edges.
• Fernet Branca - This is quite a bottle; Fernet Branca is like something between cough drops and the bitterest bitters you can think of. We don't drink this one straight up or with soda, but it has a wonderful tonic effect in some summer cocktails. We're planning on bringing you a favorite recipe soon.
Related: Recipe Review: Cajun Lemonade
(Images: Nora Maynard; St. Germain)