Best Apples for Baking:
• Cortland: firm and flavorful
• Baldwin: red, extra-firm apple
• Granny Smith: tart and crisp
• Honeycrisp: extra juicy and sweet
• Gravenstein: tart, hard, and beautiful in early fall desserts
Best Apples for Eating:
• Honeycrisp: extra juicy and sweet. The perfect snacking apple.
• Granny Smith: tart and crisp; we love them with peanut butter!
• Fuji: large, dense, and sweet.
Best Apples for Juicing:
• Gala: sweet and aromatic
• Red Delicious: Rich red color, firm, thicker skin
• Rome: firm flesh, medium-sweetness
Chances are you have regional apples or favorites that didn't make our list. Please do share as we all gear up for fall baking, juicing, and plain ol' apple eating!
(Image: Elizabeth Passarella)