Snow days were the best days as a kid. There was nothing like getting up early, only to find out that school was delayed or canceled that day. The cartoons! The snowmen! The cocoa! As an adult, however, things are a little bit trickier. It's hard to exactly predict or prepare for when a snow day will strike and you have to take off work.
What are you supposed to do? I have just the thing.
Sure, you could just look at your smartphone or just turn on the news to see if the weather looks agreeable or not, but that doesn't necessarily tell you if school will be canceled. If you want to predict more accurately if you and your family will have the day off for adventures and hot chocolate galore, you need to check out the snow day calculator.
Try it now: Snow Day Calculator
The snow day calculator only has one function: to let visitors know the chance of school being canceled for a snow day the next day. You can enter any zip code in the United States and Canada and it will help you prepare for a weekday adventure.
5 Ways to Enjoy Hot Cocoa for Your Snow Day
What's a snow day without a big mug of hot cocoa? If you decide to do anything productive on your snow day, let it be in the name of chocolate.
- How To Make Hot Cocoa (with a Make-Ahead Mix): This is about as classic as it gets. Make your own make-ahead mix so you don't have to run out to the store when you get your shot at a snow day.
- 5 Fun Mix-ins for Your Hot Cocoa: Looking to shake the classic recipe up a little bit? Look to these easy mix-in ideas.
- Red Wine Hot Chocolate: Everyone has been freaking out about this recipe. It's time to find out if it's worth the hype.
- Nutella Hot Chocolate: No mix-ins required for this deliciously rich cup of hot chocolate. Remember, you can always make your own Nutella if you have the time and patience.
- Hot Cocoa Madeleines: Who says you can't eat hot cocoa too? This recipe feels super luxurious, and these madeleines are even better when they're dipped into a hot cup of something.
So, what's the deal? Do you have a snow day today or what? Let us know how you're going to take advantage of the day in the comments below.