Welcome to May and to Garden Month at the The Kitchn. We're hustling to get our container garden going after a freak May snow and frost. We're thinking radishes, lettuce, and herbs. What are you planting? And what are you working on this weekend? Here are a few good projects from the site this week.
• Working in the garden and thinking of our newbie gardener questions.
• Spring Cure Week 7! Learn something new, drink some wine, send party invites...
• Cooking scrumptious linguine with mussels - they taste like the briny ocean.
• Dream over this incredible bookshop for cooks in London.
• Killing a little time at the end of the day? New kitchen tours here
• Do you have blocks of food in your freezer? Clean it out in preparation for spring...
• We adore these funny little kitchen objects from MoMA's Japan collection.
• Eggs are good for you! So is gin, in moderation. Have a gin fizz this weekend.
• Do you have a Dutch oven yet?
• Did you ever wonder how hush puppies got their name?
• Working on cooking without recipes? Try Italian this weekend.
What are your weekend plans?
(Image: Faith Hopler)