What's cooking this weekend? We are ready for a nice leisurely weekend with plenty to eat and drink. Here are our picks for what to eat, what to drink, and what to read off the blog while you're lazing away this hot summer weekend. To Cook
• Way fast banana bread
- So yummy too! Keep your time for more important things this weekend, like lying around in the sun.
• Fried green tomatoes - Celebrate summer with a Southern classic.
• Steak!!! - Have you entered our giveaway for this fabulous cookbook yet?
• Better pasta salad - All you need are fresh herbs and some goat cheese.
• Spinach and cheese - Yes, yes, it's Grilling Month, and we can't think of any way to grill palak paneer. But we want some real bad!
• Grilled peaches and goat cheese - Yum.
• Silver Fizz Cocktail - Like the Ramos Gin Fizz, but with more lemon.
• Iced Coffee - Forget Starbucks! Make your own caffeine.
• Cheap Pinot Grigio - Cheap, but good. We pick the best of the big grocery store brands here.
• Intriguing cocktails with weird names - Have any weirdly-named cocktails you like?
• Water from a whale fountain - Get your eight glasses a day.
• Reductive Wine Making - What is it?
• Tips for homemade ice cream - Read up! We have a big ice cream announcement coming next week.
• NY Times Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie: Changes and Substitutions from the Kitchn - Have you made these cookies yet? Read up on our tips here.
• Kitchen Organization Tour: A Visit With Bento Expert Biggie of Lunch In a Box - Bento lovers eat your heart out.
• Five creative storage solutions from past kitchen tours - Even more clever and creative storage solutions.
Have a wonderful weekend! Check out our special weekend features, and see you back here Monday.