It's the first day of summer! This makes us think of tomatoes, strawberries, watermelon and corn. The tomatoes in your backyard may not be so big as these quite yet; ours are the size of blueberries, just beginning to swell among the leaves of our patio bush.
Other than watching tomatoes grow, here are a few things we enjoyed from the last week here at The Kitchn:
• Turns out that quite a few of you went and bought this pan after we wondered why it was so popular. Guess there's a good reason for it!
• We met Martha and Emeril! See what we asked them, plus photos of what we ate and drank.
• We also identified a sweet mystery fruit.
• Any more recommendations for good everyday dishes?
• Here are some alternatives to the much-lamented Tastespotting.
• Try making a breakfast sandwich this weekend.
• And our pick for supper, soon: Chilled Pea Soup with Radish and Mango Relish.
Have a happy weekend everyone! Stop back in for some weekend reading on Saturday and Sunday.