Happy weekend! What's cooking in your kitchen this weekend? Are you planning an Oscar viewing party with plenty of punny food? Whatever you're planning, catch up on a few of our best posts from this past week and then tell us: what's cooking this weekend? • Wine box kitchen shelves.
• How to cut a mango.
• The surprising way you can use a shower cap in the kitchen.
• Jalapeño ice water.
• All about butcher block countertops.
• A baker's dozen guide to the essential kitchen prep tools and utensils.
• Our writers' share their favorite cookbooks: read what Megan, Emily, Dana, Emma, and Anjali recommend.
• Oscar Party Food 2012! Minny's chocolate pie, anyone?
• Cheese colors explained.
• Pregnant? What to fill your freezer with before your baby comes.
• And speaking of freezing... favorite tools for freezing.
• Pasta recipes for picky eaters.
• How to choose the right pie dish.
• A great idea: bake potatoes in a slow cooker!
Happy weekend, and happy cooking!
(Image: Chris Perez)