Welcome to a long weekend, folks! What's cooking in your kitchen this President's Day weekend? Thinking about drinking as George Washington did? Or are you prepping for a Mardi Gras party on Tuesday? Take a look at these stellar posts from the past week and tell us: what's cooking this weekend?
• A sleek travel thermos.
• Three ways to create a sugar crust on crème brûlée.
• Editors' pantry essentials here, here, here, and here.
• Consider the appertif.
• An ice dispenser turned candy machine!
• How to peel hazelnuts.
• A light and lovely rental kitchen.
• All about undermount sinks and quartz countertops.
• The wonder that is tomato paste.
• Five terrific chef's knives, from budget to total splurge.
• A great cooking use for a heating pad!
Happy weekend, and happy cooking!
(Image: Leela Cyd Ross | The Kitchn)