What's cooking this weekend? Has the weather changed yet, where you are? Is there just the slightest coolness in the air, or the warm sunlight of early autumn? And what are you cooking? Something autumnal? Or the last batch of popsicles? Tell us, and take a peek at a few posts from the past week that you may have missed.
This week was all about Italian food, and while we barely touched on the breadth and depth of this incredibly rich cuisine, we had a lot of fun eating pasta all week. Here's a look back at a few favorite posts.
• A handful of great kitchen DIY projects for the weekend.
• Making marinara with fresh tomatoes, not canned.
• The love child of kombucha and beer.
• Piece of cake! Where we got all those food-related sayings...
• Our readers' favorite Italian cookbooks.
• Meet your coffee farmer.
• Italy is home to some pretty sleek kitchens.
• Rosh Hashanah began this week, and Ramadan is ending.
• Figs, carpaccio, olive oil, and favorite Italian ingredients.
• Kitchen design from Nate Berkus.
Happy weekend, and see you next week — we're turning from Italian food to Latin American, so let us know what you'd like to cook and what you'd like to discuss!
(Image: Faith Durand)