The photo above, by the way, is by Abby Powell Thompson, a freelance photographer in Austin, Texas.
Now for a look back at some of our seasonal specials from the past week at The Kitchn!
• This was Ice Cream Week!
• What is this strange kitchen object?
• The Kitchn's 15 all-time most popular ice cream posts.
• DIY ice cream kit — in a jar! So cute.
• Two colorful kitchens.
• Two ways to make ice cream without a machine: The bag method and the bowl method. Which one do you like better?
• Stainless steel popsicle molds — whoa. You could just use muffin tins instead.
• Awesome cutting boards and faux ice cream cones.
• 12 gourmet ice cream toppings.
• Have a sip of wine with your ice cream — here are five tried-and-true pairings.
• Did you have one of these, when you were a kid?
• We reviewed ice cream machines this week: The DeLonghi Gelato Maker, and the Cuisinart ICE-21. Also: a discussion of the KitchenAid ice cream attachment.
• Why salt can play a role in good ice cream.
Have a happy weekend!
(Image: Abby Powell Thompson)