It's the weekend! What's cooking? Are you making a batch of ice cream, perhaps, or a dozen popsicles for weekend refreshment? We've deluged you with ice cream, sorbet, and other frozen treats this week, but on Monday we're changing it up. Next week? It's all about cocktails — alcoholic and otherwise. So stay tuned for that, and tell us: what's cooking this weekend?
The photo above, by the way, is by Abby Powell Thompson, a freelance photographer in Austin, Texas.
• Find it: Kitchen Table Print, $11 at Abby's Etsy shop
Now for a look back at some of our seasonal specials from the past week at The Kitchn!
• This was Ice Cream Week!
• What is this strange kitchen object?
• The Kitchn's 15 all-time most popular ice cream posts.
• DIY ice cream kit — in a jar! So cute.
• Two colorful kitchens.
• Two ways to make ice cream without a machine: The bag method and the bowl method. Which one do you like better?
• Stainless steel popsicle molds — whoa. You could just use muffin tins instead.
• Awesome cutting boards and faux ice cream cones.
• 12 gourmet ice cream toppings.
• Have a sip of wine with your ice cream — here are five tried-and-true pairings.
• Did you have one of these, when you were a kid?
• We reviewed ice cream machines this week: The DeLonghi Gelato Maker, and the Cuisinart ICE-21. Also: a discussion of the KitchenAid ice cream attachment.
• Why salt can play a role in good ice cream.
Have a happy weekend!
(Image: Abby Powell Thompson)