What's cooking this weekend? Any major plans? We are in awe of this massive backyard crawfish boil in Portland, Oregon, where a crowd of Louisiana ex-pats boiled up some of the biggest "mudbugs" we've ever seen! Seriously, have you ever seen such big crawdads? Are you planning some kind of backyard bash this weekend, or just hanging out with a cold one in hand? Tell us!
Here, too, are a few posts you may have missed from the past week:
• Help me plan a "green card" party!
• 5 foods to enjoy frozen — that normally aren't.
• Good ideas for window treatments in the kitchen.
• A visual guide to all kinds of eggplant.
• A great new piece from Le Creuset.
• It is national farmers' market week — are you going this weekend?
• Lasagna for the summertime: skip the oven.
• What are your favorite super-local foods?
• A fabulous brunch for this weekend.
(Image: Dean via email)