What's cooking? More to the point, what are you planning on eating this weekend? We hope you're staying in for at least one meal. We currently have a butternut squash in the oven, and we're plotting towards pasta, basil, Parmesan, and a creamy squash sauce. We also really want to recreate the smoked tomato salad dressing we had at a restaurant last week.
Read on for a few more ideas (and recipes) for good things to cook this weekend. Try these!
• Chickpea stew with vegetables and curry spices - made easily in the slow cooker.
• Sweet, scarlet syrup for your cocktails - made from pomegranates.
• Dark molasses and ginger cake - with chunks of ripe pear.
• Brisket, onions, lemon chicken, and apricot oatmeal - more ideas for your slow cooker.
• Chopped cabbage salad with handfuls of herbs - plus peanuts, tofu, and rice noodles.
• Wilted arugula with tomatoes and orzo - a quick dinner!
• Pears and blue cheese - now in dessert.
• Cheap good wine for your weekend meals.
• Have a little extra time? Cook ahead and freeze some of these easy meals.
• Prune plums and pastry - an open pie.
Have a good weekend - see you Monday!