Happy weekend — what's cooking? Are you having a cookout, a picnic, a garden party? We are thinking about salads, mostly, and maybe a batch of cookies, if it's not too hot to turn on the oven. What about you? If you have early tomatoes and want to try a refreshing tomato salad, here's the recipe for the one above
Here are a few more posts from the past week that you may have missed.
• A lovely kitchen tour from a professional baker — complete with rhubarb crostata.
• Readers' advice on the best way to get filtered water.
• How to keep your brown sugar soft.
• A small yet complete kitchen in Paris.
• Inspiration for planning summer picnics.
• DIY drink umbrellas — so cute!
• Why does my cheese look wet? All the answers.
• Beautiful tea towels.
• Rhubarb shortcake.
• A good tip for grilling meat.
Happy weekend, and happy cooking too!