What's cooking this weekend? Any big plans for lunch (or brunch)? Well, stick around — we have a special treat for you this weekend. We've asked some friends and fellow bloggers for guest posts on weekend snacks. So look out for those this weekend, and the rest of the weekends this month. Coming up tomorrow: Roasted hominy "corn nuts," and a dish of Italian sub dip. Yummy! So, until then, tell us what you're cooking, and peruse a few good posts you may have missed from the past week.
First off, if you're interested in that veggie burger up there, try this recipe. Here are a few more good posts from this past week!
• Great kitchens: Mid-C Frank's swift and inspiring renovation, John's no-nonsense kitchen, and Joe's industrial space.
• A review of Alice Waters' new book.
• A see-through toaster!
• More kitchen design: Lights made from canning jars, cafe style in the kitchen, skylit kitchens, and bringing the indoors outdoors.
• How to slice a bell pepper.
• Do you eat in the car?
• Lunch inspiration! 10 small sweets for your lunch, lovely lunches, and lunches that don't need to be reheated.
• Plastic-free lunchboxes and 3 kinds of bento boxes
• Sandwiches, sandwiches, and more sandwiches.
• Low(er) alcohol beers.
(Image: Faith Durand)