What's cooking this weekend, folks? Have you been inspired by all the breakfast coverage to make a big Saturday brunch? We're planning on breakfast burritos and maybe scones this weekend. Next week we're moving on to the next week of this month theme, Three Square Meals (and Dessert) and hitting lunchtime! It's all about lunch next week — but first, here's a look back at the best of this past week.
We are so inspired by the breakfast in the photo above. It comes from a reader and Flickr member Dayor Maley, and the caption reads as follows: "Poached egg on mustard vinaigrette-dressed greens with lardons and crisped potatoes is what we eat for brunch these days. Sometimes half a tomato on the side, or half an apple, or both." Wow. That sounds totally delicious. Salad and potatoes for breakfast, with a poached egg. How can you go wrong?
Here's a look back at some more breakfast (and other stuff too) from the past week.
• Great kitchen tours: Matt and Blair's adorably fresh retro kitchen, Craig's awesome and functional space, and Stan's performance kitchen.
• Favorite weekend breakfast: Big Pancake.
• First impressions of the iPad, from a cook's perspective.
• Two discussions of the best fast, portable breakfasts: Here and here.
• Do you say catsup or ketchup?
• How to make: Robust French press coffee, breakfast burritos, molded butter pats, creamy scrambled eggs, brunch ahead of time, and a vegan breakfast.
• A short history of the waffle.
• How to put a chicken to sleep.
• Everything you ever wanted to know about cooking eggs.
• 15 beautiful breakfast ideas.
Have a happy weekend, and happy cooking too!
(Image: Flickr member Dayor Maley. Used by permission.)