There is still plenty of basil left on our overgrown weed of a basil plant, and we think pesto is in the cards this weekend. A handful of summer-ripened tomatoes and some bread and mozzarella would round this out into a great weekend meal.
What are you eating this weekend? Here are a few suggestions.
Good weekend cooking
• Sip a cocktail with apple cider.
• Try this small delight for breakfast.
• Bake an apple cake.
• Make a pot of soup.
• Drink a Spanish wine.
• Visit a good farm.
• Tour an inspiring jam-maker's kitchen.
• Have you ever cooked goat?
• Try a five minute chocolate cake.
• Eat an apple.
What are you eating and drinking this weekend? Do you have any weekend cooking projects?
(Image: Faith Durand)