Good Friday evening! What are your cooking plans this weekend? We just saw the sun for the first time in days, and suddenly spring feels very close. We are dreaming about fresh greens, tiny peas, and all the other good things of early spring. Meanwhile, we are decluttering the kitchen, getting it ready for spring bounty, and planning a pasta casserole. What about you? What are you cooking this weekend?
The photo above is by Jennifer Causey, and a print is available for sale in her shop:
• Kitchen 5x7 Print at photobird
Now here's a look back at a few posts, recipes, and discussions from the past week!
• Have you joined the Kitchen Cure yet? Week 2's assignment is in full swing: Declutter your cupboards, and thin out all those extra dishes and tools you never use!
• Recipes from this week: Spicy blood orange margaritas, fridge-clearing soup, French madeleines, cream of shallot soup, toffee cookies with dark chocolate glaze, French onion soup, and a lemon yogurt cake with an herbed glaze.
• How to refresh stale corn tortillas.
• A cool, elegant budget renovation for a little kitchen.
• Brilliantly simple garlic tip: Mince garlic with a fork.
• All the recipes you want to try this month.
• Hey, we were nominated for an award! Thanks Saveur!
Have a wonderful weekend, from all of us here at The Kitchn.
(Image: Jennifer Causey)