What's cooking this long holiday weekend? Do you have plans for your kitchen? Here's a look back at a few recipes from the past week, from roasted vegetables to lemon garlic chicken. We also have some thoughts on weekend activities and reading, with ideas for fundraising for Haiti, and fun ways to incorporate snow into your cooking.
• If you're interested in helping relief work in Haiti and getting your community mobilized too, why don't you hold a bake sale?
• Here's a great go-to weekend dinner: Lemon garlic chicken. And here's another: Easy oven-braised short ribs. Cheap and meaty!
• Wintry fun: Foods to eat while wearing mittens, and how to make maple taffy on snow plus more snow-inspired treats.
• Winter vegetables: Spinach crowns with sesame dressing, lots of roasted vegetables, and winter salads. Oh, and fennel salad.
• Le Creuset goes purple!
• Some quick weekend kitchen improvement projects: Keep your incompetent cabinet doors closed with a cheap gizmo, and good ways to store your utensils.
• Phone home for cooking advice (and a nice chat) this weekend.
• Eggs for breakfast! Deep-fried eggs with hot sauce, and eggs baked in potato skins.
• An online index for your cookbooks.
• Small space solutions: Rolling pantry shelves
• What to do with a plethora of jams.
• A discussion of concrete countertops: their pros and cons.
• Another weekend project: Plan your garden and order seeds.
• Handmade goodies: Beautiful linen tablecloths and napkins, and great bowls for soup.
• More weekend breakfast: Cinnamon bun bread, mocha crunch oatmeal, and totally scrumptious lemon pull-apart bread.
• What are your most fun kitchen tools?
• A really beautiful grey kitchen.
Have a wonderful long weekend!
(Image: Faith Durand)