Welcome to August at The Kitchn! What are you cooking this weekend? Are you giving your kitchen a break and just sucking on popsicles and fresh garden tomatoes? Or are you planning backyard (or front stoop) feasts?
Here are our picks from the last week of good eating at The Kitchn... Eat!
• Zucchini Rice Gratin
• DIY Maraschino Cherries
• Yogurt Sorbet
• Pictured above: Honey Ice Cream with Fig-Sesame Swirls
• Japanese-style Sweet Kabocha Squash
• We're loving these heirloom potatoes with salt
• Eggplant wraps with goat cheese
• Fresh peach salad
• Sweet corn ice cream
• Basic vanilla ice cream
• What are your favorite kitchen sounds?
• Peek into NY Times writer Melissa Clark's kitchen - Full tour coming next week.
• iPhone apps for the home cook - Do you use your iPhone in the kitchen?
• Grill pan giveaway - Did you enter yet?
• Gorgeous kitchen renovation
Have a great weekend. Hang around here for a little weekend special coverage (some Mad Men coming up tomorrow!) and we'll see you Monday bright and early.
(Image: Faith Hopler)