Happy weekend! What's cooking? Do you have steamy plans for your kitchen this weekend? A little soup, perhaps, or a bowl of hot cider? Tell us, and take a look at some of our favorite ideas for good cooking and eating from the past week. The image up top is from Emily and Jacob's Poetically Photographed Home
— a lovely home tour with really gorgeous photos of their kitchen!
• It's time for the Fall Kitchen Cure! Want to spend four weeks getting your kitchen in ship-shape for the holidays and winter cooking? Sign up and join the party!
• Superb recipes for slow, toasty weekend cooking: Succulent oven-baked ribs, slow-roasted tomatoes, and chewy cheesy bread.
• Goodby Gourmet. We'll miss you.
• Hot cocoa time! Alton Brown's milky hot cocoa mix is a winner. (And pick out a colorful tea kettle for the winter while you're thinking about cocoa.)
• Our favorite kitchens this week: Small, bright, and inspiring kitchens from Los Angeles, a New York City renovation with soul, and a wonderful post on the new modern kitchen from our guest poster this week, Susan Serra.
• How to make six different sorts of stir-fry sauces.
• Thinking about breakfast? Try apple streusel pancake bars.
• Julia Child, David Letterman, and a blowtorch. It doesn't get any better than that.
• It was a good week for pork: Crispy fried pork skins, a discussion of sausage, and a whole weekend at the barbecue championship.
• Three recipes for onion jam, and a recipe for salami that involves no meat at all.
Have a great weekend!
(Image: Emily Johnston Anderson)