It's the weekend already, and we're about to eat white beans simmered in garden tomato sauce, from the October issue of Gourmet. We're also right in the middle of our fall contest, Quick Weeknight Meals. Have you voted (or entered)? Read on for more good ideas and favorite posts from the past week.
Here are a few favorite posts from the past week. And tell us: what's cooking in your kitchen this weekend?
• Have you checked out the latest Quick Weeknight Meals entries? There are a ton of fast, easy, healthy recipes for great dinners in there!
• Look at Emily's so lovely bright blue and yellow kitchen! We love this pale blue kitchen too.
• A San Francisco store devoted to the art and charm of beekeeping.
• Would you ever use herbs in a tube?
• A confession from our Cheesemonger.
• Deliciously crispy homemade taquitos.
• How to cut up an orange and leave all the white inner peels and pith behind.
• Why some apples are mealy, and how to avoid them.
• How to host an Iron Chef dinner party.
• Mugs without handles for hot drinks.
• Quick flat iron steak with salsa verde.
Have a great weekend! Don't forget to vote for your favorite Quick Weeknight Meals entries, and to come back this weekend for our weekend posts.
(Images: Faith Durand)