It's the weekend already, and we're about to eat white beans simmered in garden tomato sauce
, from the October issue of Gourmet
. We're also right in the middle of our fall contest, Quick Weeknight Meals
. Have you voted (or entered)? Read on for more good ideas and favorite posts from the past week.
Here are a few favorite posts from the past week. And tell us: what's cooking in your kitchen this weekend?
• Have you checked out the latest Quick Weeknight Meals entries? There are a ton of fast, easy, healthy recipes for great dinners in there!
• Look at Emily's so lovely bright blue and yellow kitchen! We love this pale blue kitchen too.
• A San Francisco store devoted to the art and charm of beekeeping.
• Would you ever use herbs in a tube?
• A confession from our Cheesemonger.
• Deliciously crispy homemade taquitos.
• How to cut up an orange and leave all the white inner peels and pith behind.
• Why some apples are mealy, and how to avoid them.
• How to host an Iron Chef dinner party.
• Mugs without handles for hot drinks.
• Quick flat iron steak with salsa verde.
Have a great weekend! Don't forget to vote for your favorite Quick Weeknight Meals entries, and to come back this weekend for our weekend posts.
(Images: Faith Durand)