Happy Labor Day weekend! Are you looking forward to a leisurely Saturday morning with coffee and the paper? We certainly are. But then we're going to be cooking a lot, too. What's on your menu this weekend? Big Labor Day picnic plans? Take a look at a few good recipes and delicious things from the past week, and tell us: what's cooking this weekend?
• New recipes and recipe reviews: Fattoush, a Middle Eastern bread salad, chicken Milanese with salad, an awesome eggplant appetizer, a very special pie recipe, super-quick microwave cheesecake, pickled cherry peppers, a grilled Nicoise salad, Long Beach-style, and a summer classic: herbed sweet corn and tomato salad.
• Quick Weeknight Meals: The Kitchn's September contest.
• Would you cook with tomato leaves?
• Labor Day dessert idea: Grown-up ice cream cake.
• Planning Labor Day? 15 recipes for Labor Day weekend.
• What's in this jar?
• Floor cloths - an old-fashioned solution for bare kitchen floors.
• Bean burritos - a good example of a quick weeknight meal.
Have a great Labor Day weekend! Don't forget to check out the most popular posts from the last week; they're posted on Saturday mornings. Also, Dana's Weekend Meditation is coming up Sunday, and we'll have a little something for you on Monday too.
p.s. — are you working on a recipe for our Quick Weeknight Meals contest? It starts next Wednesday!
(Image: Kat from Kat & Jon's Thrifty Dollhouse)