It's Friday already! How is your weekend shaping up, and what are you planning on cooking? We are plotting another corn and tomato salad, with some ideas of grilling pork chops too. Summer produce is at its finest, and we want to take advantage of it. Here are some good recipes and tips from the past week as you head into the weekend. And tell us — what are you cooking?
• New recipes and recipe reviews: faloodeh (rose water ice), fried plantains, brownie bites, lemon salad, oatmeal cake, grated carrot salad, Katherine Hepburn's brownies, green tea ice cream, great recipes for both chocolate and vanilla cupcakes, and a bowl of chirashi.
• Going back to school or work? Here are a few good lunch ideas: 15 good lunchbox snacks for kids and grownups, dried corn snacks, peach hand pies, and popularity-winning lunch tips. Plus ways to spice up cafeteria food.
• New kitchen design ideas: A spotlight of a tiny yet well-appointed studio kitchen, a gallery of lovely subway tiles in the kitchen, a country kitchen makeover, all about Julia Child-style peg boards, a request for a kitchen makeover for a too-dark kitchen, 10 rental kitchens, and considering brown.
• A visual tour of how to can using a water bath.
• Beautiful dinner party menus that turn into favors at the end of the evening.
• Ten ways to feed a crowd for under 20 bucks.
• Do you cook less in the summer?
• Completely homemade mac and cheese you can make in the microwave.
Have a great weekend!
(Image: Faith Durand)