Welcome to the weekend! What's cooking in your kitchen this weekend, and how are you staying cool in the August heat? Read on for so many recipes — icy cocktails, popsicles, salads, and more fresh cooking from the past week. Maybe you'll find an idea or two to inspire your weekend cooking.
The salad above? It's from a café, but it inspired this big green main dish salad, with dates, chicken, chickpeas, almonds, and goat cheese.
• New recipes and recipe reviews: Cajun lemonade, cherry pie, easy Finnish vegetable soup, gazpacho with basil cream, dark chocolate ice cream with figs, chicken tikka masala, spicy cucumber ice pops, grilled cactus and corn salad, sparkling strawberry lemonade, feta and olive spread, one minute brownies, and granola with olive oil.
• New kitchen tours and design ideas: Hidden kitchen cubbyhole, a bright Los Angeles kitchen, a wonderfully sustainable renovation, Chinese porcelain blue in the kitchen, a rental kitchen makeover, and covering the stove for more space.
• Pie pops - pie on a stick!
• Quick and cool no-bake desserts.
• Do you have more than one freezer?
• How cold should beer be served?
• Seeing Julie & Julia this weekend? Discuss it here!
Have a great weekend!
(Image: Faith Durand)