Goodness! It's nearly August already. That means we're entering the high season of summer bounty, and we can hardly wait to eat tomatoes and eggplants nearly every night of the week. What are you eating this weekend? Summer food? If you want a little extra inspiration, here's a quick snapshot of the past week at The Kitchn — just in case you missed something! Recipes, kitchen design, and good ideas below. And do tell us: What are you cooking this weekend?
• New recipes and recipe reviews this week: baked falafel, a West African ginger drink, chocolate cake with buttercream, pasta with saucy eggplant, sour cherry coffee cake, grilled spicy shrimp, grilled spicy chicken, and amazing marinated vegetables.
• Kitchen peeks: Art and Chel's gorgeous kitchen update, a restored vintage kitchen with two green Hoosiers, mustard yellow in the kitchen, and hot pink too. Plus lamps in the kitchen and new kitchen ideas from IKEA's 2010 catalog.
• A fascinating look at the food styling in Julie & Julia.
• What do you think of fizzy sweetened milk?
• A discussion of tilt-head vs. bowl-lift KitchenAid stand mixers.
• Have you ever eaten one of these?
• Our top ten most useful kitchen gadgets - what would yours be?
(Image: Faith Durand)