What's cooking this weekend? Are you staying cool? Going out? Cooking in? What's in the kitchen, and what's on the grill this weekend? Do you have plans to escape the heat with a tall cold drink? As you plan your weekend in the kitchen, here are a few ideas for things to cook and eat from The Kitchn's past week.
I'm thinking about a glass of cold dry sherry (so refreshing in the summertime!) and something Spanish, like the little plate of paprika-dusted potatoes above. What about you? What are you thinking of eating this weekend?
• Want to get started on summer preserving? Buy fruit in bulk from local farms. Cheap and fresh!
• Here's weekend breakfast: the very best waffle you'll ever eat.
• A deeply delicious nectarine cobbler.
• Great summer meal: potato, squash, and goat cheese gratin.
• Have you checked out our food-lover's guides to some major cities? Check out Manhattan's, with plenty more too.
• Help this woman tile her backsplash.
• Another delicious breakfast: cottage cheese with peaches.
• 10 fast suppers for summer evenings.
Have a great weekend! Come back around for a couple of roundups and of course Dana's Weekend Meditation on Sunday morning.
(Image: Faith Durand)