Happy Memorial Day weekend! Are you gardening? (This is the traditional time to put in tomatoes in the northern part of the US.) Are you having a picnic? Most importantly, what's cooking this weekend? Here's a look back at The Kitchn's past week, with plenty of links to good eating, drinking, and summer cooking. • It's the final week of the Kitchen Cure! Are you planning a party
, or at least a casual dinner party
or open house
with friends? Just remember: the pleasure of food (and good company) is what it's all about
. Even when the guests show up too early
• Great recipes from the past week: roasted turkey breast with a delicious sauce, chipotle chicken fajitas, dairy-free smoothie, crispy, creamy French cannelé, truffled asparagus with eggs and Parmesan, vegan tamales, grilled fava beans, the list goes on and on...
• How to keep your pots scratch-free.
• Looking for a no potato salad picnic?
• What is your absolutely essential kitchen equipment?
• These kitchen gadgets look like toys.
• Do you eat your mistakes? What's in your snack drawer?
• Lazy margaritas and fabulously easy patio drinks. Oh, and a few good boxed wines, too.
• The debate over food miles continues.
• Is this device a medieval torture implement or a kitchen gadget from Bed, Bath, and Beyond?
• You should eat more iceberg lettuce.
• Have you ever eaten a whole plate of Korean short ribs, grilled to perfection?
• One last recipe for a summer brunch: strawberry sour cream scones with a crumbly, sugary sweet topping. Perfect.
Happy weekend! Come back Sunday for Dana's Weekend Meditation and we'll see you Tuesday when we resume regular posting.
(Image: Library of Congress via Flickr licensed for use with no known copyright restrictions)