What are you cooking this weekend? Do you have plans for a lazy Saturday morning with sunshine, hot coffee, and the paper? There are plenty of good ideas from the past week for weekend eating, cooking, and general kitchen loveliness. In fact, we're hoping you'll do one thing to beautify your kitchen this weekend, and then send us some evidence
. Meanwhile, how about a margarita
? • You have one more weekend to finish up Cure Assignment #3: Clean, restock, and beautify
. Next week we move on to cooking, so make sure your kitchen is all ready!
• A tip for washing lettuce. Are you eating any spring salads this weekend? Or maybe fresh and snappy asparagus? Or radishes?
• Food facts of the week: why you shouldn't eat cold cheese, why bread goes stale, and all about vanilla powder.
• How's the garden? Even if you have a tiny space you can grow edible nasturtium flowers, or take inspiration from any one of these gardens for small spaces.
• Swine flu... errr, A H1N1... shouldn't stop you from eating pork. But of course it's always a good idea to look for responsibly-raised pork and to cook it well.
• A hot pink cake, with even pinker frosting!
• A great template for quick weekend meals.
• Great drinks for the weekend: homemade kombucha, margaritas, and crisp spring wines.
• Weekend sweet treats: tiny chocolate cookies with toffee bits, gooey graham cracker bars, and cream cheese "tarts".
• Good gear for picnics and hauling lunch to work: Corningware and leak-proof containers.
• Looking for a Microplane?
• A cheery, colorful kitchen.
Have a lovely weekend, and don't forget to drop back in on Saturday and Sunday for a Cure Download and Dana's Weekend Meditation.
(Image: Flickr member Nadya Peek licensed for use under Creative Commons)