Happy weekend! It's Easter, Passover, and spring all at once. What are you cooking? Surely you're cooking something splendid this weekend! We have plans for spring asparagus, fresh boiled eggs, a leg of tender, succulent lamb rubbed with cracked spices, and a tangy lemon cake. What about you? What are you cooking? Here are a few ideas from The Kitchn to get you thinking.
• What's mascarpone, anyway?
• A tour of a poet's beautiful vintage kitchen.
• What's your comfort food?
• Passover ideas: quinoa, cinnamon lamb stew, snap peas with mint, homemade matzo, and other food traditions.
• A hot kitchen with a dog.
• The easiest herbs to grow indoors.
• Brunch idea! Monkey bread with dill butter and sea salt. Yum.
• Easter ideas: a butter lamb, an egg in an artichoke, herbed lamb roast, chocolate-covered Peepsicles, and rice Krispie eggs, individual Easter egg cakes, or all about ham.
• Good things to do with onions and with naked lemons.
• Chicken in coconut milk with lemongrass.
• Five small but smart kitchens.
• Two brunches: one elegant but frugal, and one neurotic.
Thank you for reading, and thank you for all of your interesting, helpful, and wonderful comments this week. Have a great weekend!
Image: Czech houska bread for Easter a couple years ago. Recipe is here:
• Recipe: Houska (Czech Easter Bread)
(Image: Faith Durand)