What's cooking in your kitchen this weekend? Chicken? Spring vegetables? A new loaf of bread? Or maybe you're just sipping a glass of wine and watching the new sunshine warm up the earth. That's a very appealing idea just now. We're planning our garden and washing dishes, eating leftovers and plotting a batch of biscuits. Here are a few more ideas for good eating, drinking, and kitchen-keeping from the last week.
Also, the light-filled kitchen above is from this Apartment Therapy house tour.
• How to protect a laptop in the kitchen.
• Do you save the best bite for last?
• Have you seen Virginia and Mateo's lovely renovated kitchen (and their adorable baby, too?)...
• There was a lot of chicken cooking this week. There was finger-licking fried chicken, oven-fried chicken, Ad Hoc's fried chicken, roast chicken with garlic and thyme, and Jamie Oliver's chicken braised in milk.
• Good ideas for spring wines to sip.
• A new color (and bowl) for the classic KitchenAid mixer.
• Menus for mixed dinner parties of vegetarians and omnivores.
• Spring cooking: sweet pea soup!
• Looking for a good gift? Teach a cooking class for a friend.
• A sweet dinner: Czech plum dumplings.
• What's your favorite discontinued food product? Join the thread of nostalgia here.
Have a good weekend, and happy cooking to you all.
(Images: Janel Laban for Apartment Therapy)