Today is the first day of spring! Did you notice Google's logo today? It's a great homage to a great eater: take a look. We are also thinking about eating some great things this weekend. There were a lot of recipes here this week, and plenty of ideas to get you back in the kitchen. Sausage, tofu, dark greens, hot breakfast cereal, an easy little weekend baking project. Browse these ideas and more posts from The Kitchn's past week, below. What are you cooking this weekend?
The two photos above, by the way, are from this amazing house tour at Apartment Therapy: Marcella's Miracle Cob House. This South African home was built by hand for less than $5000, and the inside is so warm and beautiful. The kitchen makes us want to just sit down, have a cup of tea, and start planning dinner.
• Pork, lamb, and goat were on the menu this week. We had rosemary pork chops, ginger barbecue pork, adobo crusted lamb chop, a real BLT, slow-cooked shredded pork shoulder, pork debris and an egg, and homemade sausage. Yum, yum, yum...
• But of course you can also add delicious smoky flavor to dishes without meat.
• Do you know the difference between bacon, pancetta, and prosciutto?
• Did you see this beautiful, serene farmhouse kitchen?
• Which one of these kitchens would you prefer?
• Don't let the end of winter get you down. Try bourbon cough syrup (aka a hot toddy). It will cheer you right up.
• Have you chosen your house wines for spring and summer yet?
Have a great weekend! We'll see you Monday. Check back this weekend for Dana's weekend meditation, and perhaps a bonus recipe or two.