What are you cooking this weekend? It's the last weekend of February, and the first of March -- does it feel like spring yet? We'll be cooking up one more batch of soup and maybe some homemade bread, as well as a birthday cake for a small friend. We also have some fun planned: come back this weekend for a whole marathon of our readers' ten favorite things in their kitchens, as well the final voting on the February Jumpstart DIY projects! There's plenty to do; here are a few more good weekend kitchen activities from the past week.
• The February Jumpstart entries are all in! Take a look and thumbs-up for your favorite projects. One particular project is in a runaway lead at the moment...
• Want to entertain this weekend? Throw a soup party - we've given you all the recipes and even the wine recommendations.
• Check out our latest kitchen tour: a gracious, light-filled white kitchen in Marblehead.
• What are the best recipes for a new cook?
• Kitchen furniture made from shopping carts.
• Here's a whole gallery of spring-green kitchens.
• Ginger! It will make you feel better, and it tastes good too. It's especially good with brown rice.
(Image: Adrienne for Apartment Therapy, Austin House Tour: Greg and Laura's Space Maximizing Bungalow)