Happy weekend, folks! What's cooking? We can't believe it's almost October, but we're ready for fall vegetables (Brussels sprouts? Yes please. Right now.) and autumn flavors. Tell us what's cooking in your kitchen this weekend, and take a look at a few posts from the past week that you may have missed. • Tips for making amazing grilled cheese, plus how to make your own American cheese.
• Fall treats: Pumpkin spice pull-apart bread and bundt cakes.
• Planning fruitcake? Start your fruit now.
• 15 great chicken dishes.
• Time for pie! Well, Mark Bittman isn't really a fan. But we love our pie. Here are tips for making great pie crust edges and a really cute pie carrier.
• The food of Game of Thrones.
• We love bookshelves in the kitchen.
• Yummy things to try soon: Nigella Lawson's tomato salad and The Pioneer Woman's roasted mushrooms.
• Star Trek cookies...
• A warm, cozy yet bright kitchen owned by a cookbook author.
• Confessions of a doughnut queen.
Happy weekend, and happy cooking!
(Image: Bethany Nauert)