Here are a few good ideas from The Kitchn to inspire you this weekend, and don't forget to visit over the next few days. We'll have a full roundup of our entire Un-Gift Guide 2008, and it's not too late to make many of these good things!
• Who are you giving to this holiday season?
• What makes food taste tangy?
• Do you own a marble slab for pastry and candy-making?
• Host a dinner party (or two) this week! We have tips and more tips.
• We are recent converts to braised short ribs. The best word to describe these is "unctuous."
• What is cream of tartar anyway? We explain.
• Oreo truffles, baby.
• Yummy breakfasts for Christmas morning.
Have a wonderful weekend. Come back tomorrow for a more complete roundup of all the holiday candy recipes we love here at The Kitchn as well as a full rundown of our entire Un-Gift Guide 2008, and we'll see you on Monday as we start on our year-end roundup of the best of The Kitchn 2008.