What's hanging out in your kitchen, waiting for its turn in a salad, or in the frying pan? Bright yellow squash? Rich red tomatoes? I'm eyeing an overgrown zucchini and thinking zucchini fritters, or maybe some walnut-studded bread. What about you? What's cooking in your kitchen this weekend? Read on for a few good posts from the past week that you may have missed, too... • Too much jam — freezer jam, maybe
? Here's a yummy treat that will use it well
• How to identify real San Marzano tomatoes and avoid contaminated honey.
• Mmmm... homemade gum drops!
• Put the kitchen in the basement and stay cool.
• Fresh recipes for homemade soda pop.
• Why canned salmon is a better choice than canned tuna.
• Chickpeas take center stage on the table.
• Tips for slicing lemon bars all pretty and nice.
• Good idea: use a colander to serve ice.
Happy weekend, and happy cooking.
(Image: Emily Ho)