The holidays are upon us! We are cooking up a storm for a dinner party with friends tonight; we have those Touch of Grace biscuits from Shirley Corriher ready to go in the oven. Have you ever tried these? They're biscuits in another class -- sheer fluffy melty goodness. They're unreal. Good comfort eating for cold weather. We're baking to keep the kitchen warm, and we have lots of good recipes and ideas from The Kitchn's past week. Read on for some good weekend eating.
Oh look! The biscuits are done! Light and fluffy - and so easy. You can find the recipe at Orangette:
• Touch-of-Grace Biscuits
And here's a roundup of just a few posts from The Kitchn's past week.
• Have you seen today's tour of Rare Device owner Rena Tom's lovely kitchen. She has a thing for whimsical chickens!
• There were lots of beets this week! Sara Kate had tips on roasting and peeling beets, and a roasted beet salad with horseradish. We also had beets on crostini with goat cheese.
• Clipping holiday recipes? Try this box and these recipe card templates.
• There were good drinks this week, alcoholic and otherwise. Non-alcoholic sparkling tea sounds wonderful, and we'd like to warm up with spiked café brûlot and fresh rum. Also, check out our roundup of great affordable white and sparkling wine to gift.
• Eleven winter salads with in-season vegetables.
• What kind of holiday treats are you making? How about DIY peppermint patties, or a gingerbread house?
• A warm holiday appetizer with butternut squash.
• Do you wear an apron when you cook, and do you cook late at night?
• 10 techniques that every cook should know.
• A great idea for packaging all those food gifts.
Have a wonderful weekend! Let us know how your weekend baking and cooking goes.